Essentials of Submission (Islam)
Religious Duties of Submission (Islam)
What is Submission (Islam)
The religion of Submission to God Alone (Islam)—contrary to popular belief—began with Abraham. The Quran states clearly that prophet Muhammad was told to follow the religion of Abraham (21:73), who came before him (and established all the practices of Islam!).
- Major principles of Submission (Islam)
- The Shahadah (Proclamation of Faith)
- The Contact Prayers (Salat)
- Fasting (during the month of Ramadan)
- The Obligatory Charity (Zakat)
- Pilgrimage (Hajj)
- Importance of following the Quran Alone
- Prohibitions like alcohol—mind-altering substances
Call to Universal Unity
Presents a decoding of the message that brings solutions to our problems. Problems such as wars (due to religion) that have been going on for thousands of years. Fundamentally, the people at war all share a common belief in God. The one thing that sets them apart—causing divisions and disunity—is the human factors such as Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha and other prophets or saints.
As intelligent and educated generations of human beings, we see if we rise above the human factors and unite on the one commonality we share, belief in God, there will be no divisions!Islamic Productions/Rashad Khalifa
Host: Rashad Khalifa